EURA cooperates with the professional and scientific bodies in the field of planning:
The Executive Committee of AESOP and the Governing Board of EURA have signed a Memorandum of Understanding, based on the mutual benefit to become business associates. As such they have agreed to:
- Have an open attitude to explore possibilities for collaboration. Specific agreements of collaboration can be drawn up when appropriate opportunities arise.
- Maintain open channels of communication between the Secretariats of both organisations and between the Executive Committee and Governing Board of both organisations.
- Inform the counterpart organisation of the events and activities being undertaken by the organisation.
- Establish a link on the web-sites of the respective organisations.
- Invite the counterpart organisation to be officially represented and when appropriate actively at the Main Events of the organisation.
EURA has always had a very good working relationship with the Urban Affairs Association (UAA)
- The UAA supported the development of the concept of EURA in the period before EURA was launched in 1997.
- The UAA has very similar aims to EURA. It is dedicated to creating interdisciplinary spaces for engaging in intellectual and practical discussions about urban life.
- In 2004 EURA and UAA co-organised a joint conference on City Futures
- Held in Chicago the conference was a great success and the two associations decided to co-organise a City Futures conference every five years.
Members of EURA are now able to participate in UAA conferences at a discounted rate. In return UAA members can participate in EURA conferences at a reduced rate.
EUROLOC PhD Summer School 2020, Utrecht – CANCELLED
“We are happy to announce that in collaboration between the Standing Group on Local Government and Politics (ECPR) and the European Urban Research Association (EURA) this year’s EUROLOC Summer School, will be organized by NIG – the Netherlands Institute of Governance (the Dutch-Flemish Graduate School for Public Administration and Political Science).
The 2020 edition – ‘The Study of Local Governance: Looking backward and forwards Achievements and emerging trends in the study of local politics and administration (on the occasion of EUROLOC’s 25th anniversary) will be held in Utrecht, The Netherlands, (from 6th to 12th July 2020).”