18-21 June 2013, Skiathos Island, Greece
Call for paper: Deadline January 14th, 2013.
In the last decades,we have all witnessed a series of dramatic,universalchanges and devel opments affecting cities – urban networks and hierarchies, urban space and morphology, urban environment, urban economy, urban society. Strong new conditions such as economic globalisation, European integration,post-industrialnew economies, consciousness of envi ronmental degradation and the new requirements of green design and sustainable develop ment,high technologies and information societies,high mobility of individuals and time and space compression, legaland illegalmigrations and multi-ethnic European urban societies, culturaldiversity and individualisation in post-modern societies. In this radically new milieu, cities change ad hoc while simultaneously scholars and practitioners in design and plan ning analyse and attempt to change cities so as to adapt them to the new conditions.This conference aspires to bring together architects,urban designers, landscape designers, urban planners, urban geographers, urban economists, urban sociologists and demographers; to question new challenges; and to become a forum of transaction of ideas on changing cities.
• Urban Design in Planning
• ArchitecturalDesign and new Technologies
• Sustainable Urban Planning & Development
• Urban Cultures and Public Open Spaces
• Urban Landscapes
• Landscape Planning & Design
• Historicalcentres & Built Heritage Management
• Transportation Planning and Policy in cities
• Urban Planning Laws, RealEstate, Property Rights
• EnvironmentalUrban Planning
• Green Architecture & Urban Design
• Urban Economic Development
• Place Marketing & City Branding
• Shrinking cities
• Divided cities
• Migration, multinationaland multiculturalsocieties & urban planning
This conference aspires to bring together architects, urban designers, landscape designers, urban planners, urban geographers, urban economists, urban sociologists and demographers, to question new challenges and to become a forum of transaction of ideas on changing cities.
The conference is organized by the Department of Planning and Regional Development, University of Thessaly, in collaboration with the Technical Chamber of Greece.