The Centre for Sociological Studies of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa invites applications for 1 (one) postdoctoral researcher fellowship in the framework of the Strategic Project of this research Centre (PEST-OE/SADG/UI4067/2011), funded by national funds through FCT/MCTES.
Please find all the information in: http://www.eracareers.pt/opportunities/index.aspx?task=global&jobId=34334&lang=pt
Applications can be submitted in the period from 26th February to 15th March 2013.
Work plan: The work should be developed at CESNOVA (Lisbon) and the researcher must develop her/his own research project under the umbrella of the larger Research Group. The research areas admitted are: 1) Waterfront redevelopment; 2) Culture and leisure in cities; 3) Gentrification; 4) Metropolisation. The Postdoctoral Researcher will carry out his/her research in order to produce publications and propose new and relevant projects to national and international funding institutions. S/he will also take part in common projects, take part and organize workshops and/or conferences. There are no teaching obligations, but there are opportunities available.
Main outputs: To produce and adequately disseminate relevant scientific research in the area of Urban Sociology/Urban Studies. To contribute to the scientific quality and internationalisation the research group.
Requirements: The candidates for the post-doctoral fellowship should have:
- A Ph.D in Sociology or other Social Science with specialisation in urban issues
- A track record of relevant research in Urban Sociology or other social science with focus on one of the following areas: 1) Waterfront redevelopment; 2) Culture and leisure in cities 3) Gentrification
- An excellent track record of publications, namely in relevant international peer reviewed journals
- Proficiency in English
- Presentation of a brief research proposal (maximum 5 pages, in English) explaining the main objective, methodology and motivation for a one year research project in one of the above mentioned areas)
Scientific supervision: Professor Doutor Luís Baptista
Starting date of the contract (prevision): April 2013
Value of grant: 1495€
Application Process: Candidates should send the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae with list of scientific publications
- Research proposal (max 5 pages in English explaining the main objective, methodology and motivation for a one year research project in one of the above mentioned areas)
- Writing sample (most relevant publication in English)
- Copies of all relevant certificates (academic certificates/diplomas, etc.)
- Reference letters (optional)
Application can be send by:
1) Email, to firstname.lastname@example.org (only emails that received a notification email are validated), with the email subject: PEST-OE/SADG/UI4067/2011
2) Or by post, to:
CESNOVA – Centro de Sociologia da Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas da Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas
Att. Professor Doutor Luís António Vicente Baptista
Av. de Berna, 26 C
1069-061 Lisboa – Portugal