About the Conference
Over a three-day period, researchers, graduate students, policy advocates, service providers, and others will present their analyses, experiences, and actions related to urban communities. In addition to formal presentations, the conference provides opportunities to network with attendees from around North America, Europe, Asia, and other parts of the globe, as well as professional development workshops and mobile tours to enhance the learning experience. UAA welcomes proposals for a wide range of topics related to urban communities, policies, and populations.
To maximize opportunities for everyone, UAA limits individuals to participation (as presenter, speaker or moderator) in one (1) session. There is no limit to the number of research papers/posters for which you are a co-author. Persons in special (sponsored) panels or breakfast roundtable discussions can participate in one additional session.
Types of presentations:
- Individual research paper presentation: Proposal requires an abstract OR
- Organized research paper panel: Proposal requires a panel summary, group of 4-5 paper abstracts, and a designated moderator (who may be one of the paper presenters) or
- Organized colloquy: Proposal requires theme statement & names of 4-5 discussants or
- Breakfast roundtable: Proposal requires theme statement & names of 1-2 conveners or
- Poster: Proposal requires an abstract. Best option for persons in early stage of research.
1st October 2018, 11:59pm Central Daylight Time (CDT) or 4:59am (GMT) – Abstract/Session Proposal Deadline
The online submission site will close at 12:00 am CDT. Acceptance or rejection notices will be sent by October 24.
15th January 2019, 11:59pm Central Daylight Time (CDT) or 4:59am (GMT) – Registration Deadline for Persons with Accepted Proposals
(Note: In order to be placed on the official conference program, an accepted presenter must register by this date to be listed on the program.)
Los Angeles, California, USA: 24th – 27th April 2019
Place: Luskin Conference Center