#38 Public space 214/02/2022
EURA 2022 – Deadlines reminder16/02/2022
Call for Expression of Interest to host the EURA conference 2023
The European Urban Research Association President and Board invites expressions of Interest from Universities, Research Centres and Research Institutes who would be interested in organising and hosting the EURA ANNUAL CONFERENCE IN 2023.
The annual EURA conference should have a conference theme which is broad enough to be attractive for EURA members with different backgrounds and interests. Within such a broad overall topic there is room for an array of more specialised parallel tracks and workshops.
EURA conferences are truly interdisciplinary events and accommodate scholars from, political sciences, urban economics, urban studies, urban sociology, sustainability studies, geography, urban design and planning. EURA conferences usually attract between 200–400 participants (smaller conferences are sometimes organized).
EURA is a network of urban scholars facilitating cross-disciplinary research and stimulating academic debate about urban issues in Europe.
The conference should embrace the key aim and goals of EURA:
The Expression of Interest should contain the following details:
- To encourage international exchange and co-operation in relation to urban research
- To stimulate and encourage interdisciplinary and cross-border urban research
- To contribute to urban policy debates
- A broad theme for the conference (including a working title)
- A description of the theme
- A proposed date for the conference (preferably mid to late June)
- Proposed tracks (if possible)
- The proposed venue
- An institutional profile of the organiser
- Details of any former experience with conference organisation and management
- Indication of financial capacity to organise the conference
- Some information on the location:
- accessibility and affordability and hotel capacity of the location
- attractiveness of the location for urban researchers including potential for mobile workshops or field trips
- The ability to attract an audience usually of 200-400 people
- The hosts ability to organise virtual tracks and facilitate some virtual/online attendance
- Key contact person (and if possible details of others on a local organising committee)
The EURA President and Board are also interested in receiving Expressions of Interest to host subsequent EURA conferences from 2025 onwards.
The 2024 conference will be jointly organized with the Urban Affairs Association
and will take place in New York.
31 March 2022
FOR FURTHER INFORMATIONS CONTACT:
Events Group co-ordinator:
SUBMIT YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO: